Position Role/Tile: System Administration (QA background and agile)
Location: Milwaukee, WI.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A very senior systems engineer – with around 20 yrs. Experience in the industry.
- Need to oversee the applications running in various environments (Mainframe, Windows, Unix)
- Troubleshooting, configuring and testing various environments.
- Setting up QA environments.
• Responsible for the multiple environments needed in support of the development, testing, and deployment of financial services software/products.
• Installs, maintains and upgrades internal computer hardware and software systems used for designing and developing company products.
• Controls user access and passwords.
• Proposes and implements system enhancements that will improve reliability and performance of system.
• Monitors usage and performance.
• Trains personnel on system usage.
• Troubleshoots server, software and hardware issues.
• Assists with recommending, scheduling and implementing system hardware and/or software upgrades or repairs.
• Researches, evaluates and recommends software and hardware products.
• Supports Web access and electronic messaging services and maintains a secure systems environment.
• Provides new hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Knowledge of multiple operating systems and related utilities and hardware
• Knowledge of storage management, TCP/IP, network monitoring and tools and technical writing principles and practices
• Effective analytical, problem solving, installation and maintenance skills
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients and public
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.