Position Role/Tile: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Draper, UT.
This individual contributor reports within the Strategic Customer Success organization.
This person works directly with the Network Information Security (NIS) core customers, and partners with other Support personnel, customer account teams, and product engineering to provide world-class support for NIS products.
This person may be assigned as a Designated Support Engineer (DSE) for specific customers.
This person provides support services and incident management via email, web and telephone in accordance with established internal and customer facing SLO commitments.
Responsibilities include setting & managing customer expectations, timely communication, identification of root-cause, performance & process improvement, troubleshooting, trending and resolving support cases.
This position may include working closely with the sustaining and development engineering teams, QA, and release teams.
This engineer will identify and reproduce issues, recommend improvements to the product, and may assist with beta testing of new releases.
• Diagnose and solve complex software, hardware and networking issues
• Provide direct support to internal and external customers via email, web and telephone in a fast-paced support environment, including occasional on-call work outside of normal business hours. Contributes to meeting the team service level objectives.
• Utilize case management tools to clearly document all customer interactions, technical action plans, status updates and resolutions.
• Set and manage realistic customer expectations.
• Take complete ownership of reported issues and own/manage them through to their completion. Perform root-cause analysis and drive performance & process improvements.
• Coordinate problem resolution across multiple departments and disciplines; proactively work with internal engineering teams to communicate and resolve technical problems.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of the products, functions and diagnostic capabilities. Learn from training and self-study to acquire, maintain and improve job skills.
• Use knowledge management tools to research, document and share problems and their resolutions, including knowledge base articles, product forums, chat rooms or other preferred methods for knowledge sharing.
• Work as a team member with other Technical Support Engineers and support personnel both in and outside the TSE team to enable customer success. Provide mentoring to help others with case investigations, problem solving and knowledge enhancement.
• Develop and deliver supplemental product training to other Technical Support Engineers.
• Provide feedback to engineering on product performance, stability, quality and supportability at all stages of the product life cycle.
• Occasional travel to customer sites to diagnose and resolve issues
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
• 8+ years senior level technical support experience in networking/security/proxy products problem resolution at the packet and protocol level.
• BSEE, BSCS degree or equivalent experience is highly preferred.
• Ability to use network analysis tools such as Wireshark, TCPdump, and Sniffers.
• Excellent working knowledge of protocols and general networking principles.
• Expert knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL at the packet/protocol level
• Strong knowledge of protocols including but not limited to: FTP, DNS, SMTP, ICAP, CIFS, MAPI, authentication protocols (LDAP, RADIUS, NTLM, Kerberos)
• Knowledge of streaming protocols, instant messaging, and SOCKs is a plus
• Knowledge of PKI, Certificate Management Systems, OpenSSL and Cryptography is a plus
• Expert in analyzing packet traces of the above protocols
• Experience in embedded operating systems, Linux/UNIX based operating systems and Windows a plus.
• Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting software-related issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, other technical teams, etc.
• Ability to build test network setup in lab environments to replicate customer issues.
• Solid authoring skills to document customer information and recurring issues to support product quality programs and product development; author and publish content to contribute to training and knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to demonstrate assertiveness and confidence when working with customers.
• Strong analytical, troubleshooting and Customer Service skills.
• Ability to self-direct work, with demonstrated ability to complete multiple competing tasks under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and creative problem solving.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560
Central Business Solutions, Inc(A Certified Minority Owned Organization)
Checkout our excellent assessment tool: http://www.skillexam.com/
Checkout our job board : http://www.job-360.net/
Central Business Solutions, Inc
37600 Central Court Suite 214 Newark CA, 94560
Phone: (833)247-8800 Fax: (510)-740-3677